Sunday, March 27, 2016

Framingham Old Academy

The Framingham Old Academy at Framingham Centre.

This building has been leased from the town by the Framingham Historical Society (oops, Framingham History Center) since 1916. The Old Academy was built by Dexter and Adam Hemenway to house the Framingham Academy in 1837 right on the site of the previous Academy (a brick building). From 1851 to 1915, the building served as a high school for the town of Framingham. In 1915, school activities were moved to the Jonathan Maynard building, right next door.

No comments:

Post a Comment