1735: After a long dispute over the location of a new meetinghouse (the "old" meetinghouse was located in the Old Burying Ground on Main Street), the Town purchases four acres from William Pike, which will become the Framingham Centre Common.
Excerpt taken from framingham.com's Framingham history timeline.
The "old" Edgell public library. Thanks to Images of America, Framingham.
The Village Hall. Built in 1834 as a Town Hall. A portico (with columns and all) would be added in 1907 to the wing facing the Common. Thanks to Images of America, Framingham.
The Old Academy (school). It is now the home of the Framingham Historical Society and Museum. Thanks to Images of America, Framingham.
The Common viewed from above as it is today. Thanks googlemaps.
The old Edgell library and the circular Putnam office building (formerly a library built on the site of the Framingham Hotel) can be seen between Edgell Road and Library Street. The Village Hall is located right north of Oak Street. The Old Framingham Academy is at the corner of Vernon and Grove Streets. Just South of the Old Academy is the Jonathan Maynard Elementary School. Up North, there are two churches, the First Parish Unitarian Universalist and Plymouth Church UCC (they occupy the sites of two older churches).