The Saxonville Fire Station was built in 1902. The high tower was used to dry the hoses after a fire (there's a bell at the top). The close proximity of the firehouse to the Saxonville Mills complex didn't seem to help when a fire in 1883 destroyed most of the buildings. The Athenaeum Hall was built in 1847 and served as Town Hall, school, meeting hall, hospital, etc for Saxonville residents. They are located right next to each other on Watson Place. The Athenaeum portico is of course visible from Concord Street (Route 126).